Studies show that eating a healthy breakfast can help give you: A more nutritionally complete diet, higher in nutrients, vitamins and minerals. Improved concentration and performance (in children and adults). Gives you an improvement in strength and endurance to engage in physical activity. Can help to lower cholesterol levels. Help maintain a healthy weight.
If you are looking for breakfast ideas then give my nourishing recipe a try. This homemade cashew granola is really simple, easy to bake and tastes delicious! You can prepare and bake this in advance – at the weekend and eat during the week.
• 200g rolled oats (Gluten free)
• 10g organic butter, melted.
• 120g chopped cashews.
• 1 tsp vanilla.
• 4 tablespoons honey.
• 2 tsp minced fresh ginger.
1. Preheat the oven to 300°F/150°C.
2. Thoroughly combine rolled oats and melted butter in a mixing bowl. Transfer to a large baking dish and spread out evenly.
3. Bake for 45-55 minutes, stirring every ten minutes, until oats are lightly coloured.
4. Add cashews, ginger, honey and add vanilla 20 minutes into the baking time and stir in thoroughly.
5. Serve or store in a covered container. Will keep, refrigerated, for up to two weeks.