Baked Egg in Avocado Cups
Lots of people ask me if it’s true that breakfast is really the most important meal of the day? Breakfast provides your body with energy to start the day, and breakfast is linked to many health benefits, including weight control and improved performance.
Studies also show that breakfast eaters tend to weigh less than those who skip breakfast. This could be to the fact that eating a healthy breakfast can help reduce hunger throughout the day, reducing snacking and controlling cravings – helping people to make better food choices at other meals. Having the right breakfast foods can help you concentrate, give you strength and even help you maintain a healthy weight.
Here’s one of my delicious nutritional breakfast recipe for you to try:
Ingredients (Serves 1)
• 1 Avocado
• 2 eggs, beaten
• Sea salt and black pepper
• Coconut Oil
• Handful of Chopped Chives
• Chilli flakes to your taste
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees .
2. Slice avocado in half and remove pit.
3. Use a spoon to scoop out a little more of the avocado – to make room for the egg.
4. Place the avocado halves in a tin or oven safe bowl so they don’t roll around. You can slice a little from the avocado to give it a flat base to make them more stable.
5. Crack an egg into each avocado half. Sprinkle with salt and pepper
and add a pinch of chilli flakes.
6. Bake for 8 – 15 minutes depending how well done you like your eggs.
7. Sprinkle with chives and serve with green salad